June 30, 2013

Bear Lake Extravaganza

To kick off the summer heat wave, we went to Bear Lake with Zach’s family.  Zach had to work during the weekend, so Stetzen and I hitched a ride with his parents and Brandon.  As soon as we arrived, Stetzen went straight to the water.  He is definitely a fish!  He takes right after his daddy.  Zach loves to swim and competed in school.  Stetzen is well on his way to outdoing his dad in that aspect of life.  Once he’s in the water there’s no hope of getting him out unless you drag him out or it magically disappears.  So, going to the beach meant an entire day of entertainment for Stetz.
 

 
When he went out into the water, all he wanted to do was sit in the middle of the water and play with his tractors.  He thought it was really fun when the waves would pick up from the boats driving by.  If you let him, he would have floated off to the middle of the lake.  He loved being able to play with his cousins Jacob and Caige. 

 
Jake and Caige loved to spin out in the water on an inner tube.  Grandpa was helping them spin, and he tried to get Stetzen to try it, but he was not digging the whole tube idea.  He did like to go out on the raft and canoe for rides, which I don’t really know what the difference was.

 
When he wasn’t basking in the water, he was digging and playing in the sand.  He had a lot of fun playing in a little puddle of water, digging the sand out with a shovel and driving his tractors around.  It was nearly impossible to get him to come back to the tent to eat or to lather on the sunscreen.

 
As a mom, I must admit that it was a little overwhelming keeping track of a overexcited toddler.  He was running from one place to another—water to sand, sand to water.  I was worn out just playing with him and keeping him alive.  I did enjoy it and the cool water, though.  I would definitely make sure Zach could come next time.  It would be a little easier on a mom.

 
I think we both had a lot of fun, and we both ended up burning despite my efforts to keep the sunscreen pasted on.  His poor little cheeks burned just below his eyes and my entire back decided to fry.  I’m definitely not a fan of sunburns, but who is?  Next time, we’ll have to spray it on every hour.  Bear Lake, we enjoyed the fun, the water, and the family!  We’ll see you again in August, with lots of sunscreen!


No comments:

Post a Comment