December 04, 2012

Petey Boy

 
Here is the latest edition to our family of pets!  It's Petey.  I really do love the markings and look of this stud colt.  Among the list of colors of horses I'd like, I wanted a sorrel horse with 4 white socks and a white diamond on its head.  Petey pretty much sums all that up!  Now all I need is a creamy red dunn, and I've got all the ponies I want! 
 
Ever since I found out that the Hickey's sell colts every year, I have to take a peek at all of them each fall.  This year, I, along with Zach's dad, were able to convince Zach to buy yet another colt for the ranch.  I've decided that instead of raising cows, I would like to have a horse ranch to breed and break out colts.  Of course, Zach would have to do all the riding, but I could play with all the cute babies and do their ground work!  But, if we did that, I think we'd just be horse poor.  I do like the idea of "collecting" them though! 
 
Nothing beats having a horse that will walk straight to you from the field every time he sees you!  That's my goal with all these new horses.  Mr. Darcy is starting to do that now, just like Fred and Stumpy do.  I'm glad I picked him out.  I think he's going to be the nicest of the four colts we bought a couple of years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment