Once again, we made the trek up to Horse Creek to go elk hunting. Much to my dismay, it was cold, rainy, and miserable outside! I like to go hunting with Zach, but not when the weather is that crappy. Nevertheless, I survived and enjoyed it somewhat. Not only did we go, but his mom and dad, Brands, and Josh & Kayla. They made up for all the bad weather because I had someone to chill with while the boys were gone.
In an attempt to rid himself as "The Bambi Killer," Zach was determined to get nothing other than Mega Bull. The first morning they went up Zach saw and shot at a huge bull, but missed. He boasts about his shooting skills and emphasizes that he never misses. His excuse for missing was that he really didn't try to shoot him. But I would say that he tried and failed miserably. He got harassed about it the rest of the trip.
Over the next couple days, the weather got worse and we pretty much got rained out. After being drenched up on the mountain on the second day, they decided to go to Pinedale to wash their clothes and went out for dinner. It was a nice brake from the cold and mud.
By the end of it all, Zach, Brands, and their dad all shot elk. Brands again turned out to be the mega hunter, with a good sized 6 point. Both Zach and his dad shot 5 points, of which his dad shot the bigger, but not by much. This trip did not help Zach's cause in ridding himself of being "The Bambi Killer," so the name still holds!
While the boys were gone, Stetzen was determined to have as much fun as he could. He absolutely loved being outside and being able to run all over the campsite. He was obsessed with walking down the dirt trail to the main road. On one of his mad dashes, he tripped over a rock and face planted it right into the dirt. At first he just had this look of complete shock, then came the crying. I rushed over to make sure he was okay, and couldn't help but laugh at the dirty mess I came to rescue. He only cried for about 30 sec so I had to get a pic of the drama.
He also loves the horses and always wants to play with them, so when Zach got back from the mountain, he got his ride on trusty Rocky. He loved it and didn't want to get off. I definitely think we have a true cowboy on our hands.
All in all, we all had a good time, but were more than ready to get home.
Zach couldn't help but get a pic with Brands' elk.

No comments:
Post a Comment