March 22, 2011

Priceless...

I have somewhat of an affinity for the old MasterCard "Priceless" commercials, so I decided to create one of my own.

  • New 4-wheeler, $7,000
  • Gas for the ride, $15
  • Beanies, $10
  • Roasted Hot Dogs, Chips, and Pop, $10
  • Realizing there are three of us in the picture...Priceless!!
Yep, you guessed it.  We're expecting our first on September 1st!!  We have an amazing OB, and we get to have an ultrasound each month!  Sometimes I wonder if I'm really preggers, but when we go to the OB and hear the heartbeat and see it, it becomes so much more real!!  Most days I wish I had a remote for life so I could just fast forward to the part where he/she is born.  I can't wait to see him/her!!  It's exciting to see all the changes from just a little "blob", as I would call it, to what looks like a fully developed baby.  Zach is extremely excited about all of it and wants to be involved in every aspect.  He has a strong opinon of what the room should look like (John Deere Tractors with Green walls), won't miss an appointment with the doctor, and has even nicknamed it already! 

As you may or may not know, Zach, Brandon, Allen, and I all bought colts last fall.  Zach named his Teddy and subsequently nicknamed our baby-to-be Teddy Jr.  So, if you assumed he wants a boy, you're right!  I have held that if we have a girl, he'd be completely devistated. 

Baby Teddy at 12 weeks.  We got a really good picture of Teddy's hand.


At our 16 week appointment with the doctor, we got a lot of special glimpses of our little one.  It was amazing to see how active Teddy already is!  Throughout the whole ultrasound Teddy was bouncing around and would not hold still.  I can only imagine how it will be when I can actually feel it!  I have a feeling I won't get any rest.

In the middle of the ultrasound, Teddy actually yawned.  It was the cutest thing I've seen so far!!  So, here's a picture of it.


We also got a glimpse of Teddy's profile.  It's kind of hard to see, but you can see some of the features of Teddy's face.  Just adorable!


We also were able to find out whether baby Teddy was the boy Zach's been hoping for or a cute little girl all of it's aunts and grandmas want.  Before I make the big reveal, I actually had a couple of dreams about it.  Kind of crazy, I know. 
In my first dream, all of my family was over, and I was holding a boy.  For some reason he would not stop crying.  I did everything imaginable but to no avail.  All the moms in the room tried to take him and tell me what to do, but I would have no part in it.  I was the mom, and I knew what was best.  Not ten seconds after I let everyone know that, he stopped fussing and was an angel.  Then, for some reason I was confused whether or not it was actually a boy and came to believe it was a girl. 

The second dream happened the night before my last doctor's appointment.  I can't really recall the details of the dream, but I do know feeling very strongly that it was going to be a boy.  When I told Zach of them, he was even more convinced that a baby boy was in our near future. 

To be honest, I don't really have a preference boy or girl.  I always wanted an older brother growing up, so having a boy first was ideal.  On the other hand, girls are so much more fun to dress up and have so many more cute things, hand bands, dresses, etc., so I also wanted a girl. 

We already picked out two names that we liked...for a boy Stetson Alva/Albert...and for a girl Tinsley Maurine.  But only one will survive...any guesses?!?

And now for the big reveal...

3...

2...

1...

It's a....


BOY!!! 
Now Zach can sleep well knowing his dream came true, lol.  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's so exciting. You two are going to be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITING! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! Babies are so much fun! I love mine, and I can only imagine how much you and Zach will love little Stetson!! By the way I love that name! Its crazy it seemed like for a while everyone was having a girl, now everyone is having a boy, and I love it! Oh, I'm just so happy for the both of you! You will make great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! We're both very excited and think we're ready to be parents lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you!!! I know what you mean about wanting to fast forward. Nothing wrong with that because you would still have all the fun memories!! :) Yay for you that is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete